Sunday, July 7, 2013

Capitol Punishment

I type this now as my 7.5 hour flight from Dulles International Airport to Frankfurt just ended and we taxi the runway in Germany. The flight was tough but I am glad it's over and I am excited to get off this tin can and board a train to Heidelberg.

My last two days in DC were packed, and, here's a shocker...I tried seeing everything and anything and refused to relax. I had the privilege of paying tribute to JFK and RFK at Arlington National Cemetery, finally saw the new MLK memorial, and managed to hit up the Newseum, Air and Space, and the Holocaust Museum, not to mention see the fireworks on the Mall, walk about 10 miles, and run 8 in the stifling heat, all on little sleep.

We had orientation at the Goethe-Institut Friday and Saturday and the teachers on my tour are awesome. I have also found a crowd that LIKES to drink beer (big surprise there :)!)

No comments:

Post a Comment