Sunday, August 11, 2013

Thanks a LAT-via Riga for such a beautiful city :)

Monday, August 12th: When I first knew I was comin back to Europe this summer, I wanted to make it a point to get to the Baltics (and ultimately St. Petersburg, which will not hapoen because of the pain it is to get a visa). Why the Baltics? They just seemed beautiful and completely different. So, yesterday, after spending four days in Poland, I took a short flight on LOT Airlines to Riga, Latvia, a large port city on the Baltic Sea and one that has a varied, rich history.  I was there for little more than 12 hours, during the day, before hopping on a cheap 4-hour bus ride to Talinn, Estonia at two this morning (I am typing this on the bus).

In 12 hours, I walked all over the city , haf dinner, and I relaxed (while also trying to follow Bills preseason football 10k miles away).  Not much to say now except just check out my pictures. They soeak loudly about how beautiful this city is. It is also crazy to think I went from the Balkans to the Baltics in a week! The joys of EuroTravel :)

No comments:

Post a Comment