Tuesday, August 13, 2013

I'm Tallinn everybody, I LOVE Estonia

Tuesday, August 13th: As I sit on a ferry crossing the Baltic Sea and bound for Helsinki, I need to really confess one regret: I WISH I had come to Estonia sooner and spent more than one day in Tallinn. The timing did not work out and I am catching a flight from Helsinki back to Berlin tonight, and such is life traveling solo.  Of course there is a reaon for my regret. This is just another incredible city with beautiful people, a medieval old center, wonderful food, and some of my favorite weather and locale.  It is in the 60s and 70s during the day, chillier at night, and it is right on the Baltic Sea.

I will say that in 24 short hours, I went to one museum and climbed a church tower overlooking the city, had an awesome dessert in a cafe in Old Town, saw the entire city, snuck in a short nap, and then, around 5 in the afternoon, ran four miles to a beach and swam in the Baltic Sea before then running barefoot on the beach for another 10 minutes. I LOVED AND LIVED IT:)!

No comments:

Post a Comment